For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something.
The Communication Strategies workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These strategies will support an understanding of the potential communication strategies based on age, gender, race, religion, and other real or perceived differences. These strategies will trickle down throughout the organization and positively impact everyone involved.
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
- Adeptly converse and network with others
- Identify and mitigate real or perceived differences
- Establish common ground with others
- Use “I” messages